- The minimum age is 18 years. There is no maximum age
- Please note under 18s can attend family courses if accompanied at all times by a legal parent/guardian.
Payment & Bookings
- A place on a YesYork course is guaranteed once we have received your full payment or deposit.
- Please note that letters of acceptance and accommodation details are normally sent via e-mail and cannot be issued until we have received your full payment or deposit.
- Please note that visa invitation letters cannot be issued until we have received a scanned copy of your passport, a postal address and your deposit. Your visa invitation letter will be sent to you by post. Other documents will be sent to you by email. If your visa application is rejected, YesYork will refund your deposit in full.
- All fees can be paid by bank transfer directly to our account.
- We can send letters by special delivery service (DHL) at extra cost.
- The cost of course materials is included in our fees.
- Home Stay accommodation will be organized by YesYork and payments must be made to YesYork.
- Hotel, Guest House or Self Catering accommodation can be reserved by YesYork. Payments can be made directly to the hotel or guest house or self-catering provider.
- YesYork will change the accommodation if a participant is unhappy, however, this is limited to one change.
- Any student who behaves in an unacceptable manner will be asked to leave their accommodation. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to find alternative accommodation.
- If you book your own accommodation, please give your accommodation address and a contact telephone number to YesYork before you arrive.
- Please note: because of illness or other unforeseen circumstances, it may be necessary to change your accommodation either before you arrive or once you are here and the school reserves the right to do this.
- We guarantee to provide accommodation for the period you have booked but not necessarily with the same family for the whole period.
Pre-arrival Cancellations & Refunds
- If you cancel 14 days or fewer before your course start date, you will incur a cancellation fee equivalent to 50% of your tuition fees. If a home stay has been booked for you, an additional fee equivalent to 3 nights will be charged. If you have to cancel your course because your application for a Student Visitor Visa has been refused, on presentation of evidence, we will refund all monies received, minus bank charges. There will be no charge for cancellations more than 14 days before the course start date.
- If you have booked and paid through an agent, the refund will be made to the agent.
- No refunds will be made if a participant is asked to leave a course due to unacceptable behavior (this includes any behavior considered against UK law, discriminatory behavior or language, expression of extremist views or physical or verbal abuse of any kind).
Postponements & other Booking Changes
- If you decide to change your course dates, your accommodation dates or make any other changes to your booking within 7 days of the course start date, we reserve the right to charge fees as per our cancellation fees.
- We have to inform the UK Border Agency about any non-EU students who do not arrive on the agreed date.
- YesYork closes for 2 weeks for Christmas holidays. We are open at all other times.
- We expect participants to attend the course sessions they have booked. If you are sick and cannot attend, please call YesYork as soon as possible. If you are in the UK on a Student Study Visa and you have been absent for 10 consecutive days or regularly over a period of time, we have the obligation to report you to the UK Border Agency.
Resolution of disputes
- All complaints will be fully investigated as per our ‘Complaints Procedure’. You will be provided with a copy of all of our policies, including our Complaints Procedure on registration.
We strongly recommend that participants take out suitable travel insurance before travelling to the UK as YesYork cannot be held responsible for cancelled flights, sickness, loss of belongings or other unforeseen circumstances whilst you are staying in the UK.